What's the purpose of this trial?
NKTR-255 is a cytokine that is designed to regulate T and natural killer cell activation, proliferation and promote their anti-tumor effects.
This is a Phase 1, open-label, multi-center, dose escalation, dose expansion, safety follow-up, and survival follow-up of NKTR-255 as a single agent and NKTR-255 in combination with DARZALEX FASPRO TM or rituximab. Study treatment is defined as any investigational treatment(s) or marketed product(s), intended to be administered to a study patient according to the study enrollment.
Part 1 will enroll relapsed/refractory MM and NHL patients. In Part 2, Cohort A will enroll NHL patients who have progressed on a chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) product, Cohort B will enroll MM patients who previously received daratumumab and other anti-CD38 therapies to receive NKTR-255 alone and/or in combination with daratumumab, and Cohort C will enroll iNHL patients who previously received rituximab and other therapies to receive NKTR-255 alone and/or in combination with rituximab.
This trial is currently open and accepting patients.
What will happen during the trial?
You may be able to join this trial if you:
The following criteria is a partial list of reasons why patients may be
eligible to participate in this clinical trial. Further evaluation with a medical professional is
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Patients must have relapsed or refractory MM or NHL with no available therapies that would confer clinical benefit for their primary disease.
- For MM patients, measurable relapsed or refractory MM as defined by the IMWG Criteria (Kumar, 2016) following treatment with at least 3 lines of therapy with no other available treatment that would confer benefit.
- For NHL patients, measurable or detectable disease according to International Myeloma Working Group (IMWG) and the Lugano Classification. Extranodal NHL disease that is measurable by fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) imaging only is allowed.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) ≥ 40 mL/min/1.73 m2.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status score ≤ 2
- Patient has the following laboratory test results during Screening:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) or absolute granulocyte count (AGC) ≥ 1000/µL
- Platelets ≥ 30,000/µL
- Hemoglobin ≥ 8g/dL
- Absolute lymphocytes ≥ 500/µL
- Leukocytes ≥ 3000/µL
- Patients are eligible who also meet all the following criteria in these cohorts of Part 2:
- NKTR-255 Monotherapy NHL Group Only:
- Patients with NHL who received a commercially approved CD19 CAR-T product and had PD. The first dose of NKTR-255 will be administered within 30 days of the PD.
- NKTR-255 with Daratumumab MM Group Only:
- Patients with MM must have had previous exposure to proteasome inhibitor, immunomodulatory agent (IMiD), and anti-CD38 therapy.
- Patients who previously received daratumumab or other anti-CD38 therapies must have at least 3 months washout.
- NKTR-255 with Rituximab Group iNHL Group Only:
- Patients with relapsed or refractory iNHL who previously progressed during or following 1 or more prior systemic rituximab-containing (or another treatment with an anti-CD20 antibody-containing) regimens for lymphoma.
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Patients who have an active, known, or suspected autoimmune disease.
- Any treatment-related neurotoxicity or cytokine release syndrome (CRS) prior to enrollment into the study should return to baseline before NKTR-255 treatment.
- Active central nervous system (CNS) involvement with NHL.
- Patients who have been previously treated with prior interleukin-2 or interleukin-15.
- Patients who received daratumumab or other anti-CD38 therapies previously must have 3 months washout.
- NOTE: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply
Additional Trial Information
Enrollment: 118 patients (estimated)