What's the purpose of this trial?
This phase I trial tests the safety of \[89Zr\]DFO-YS5 positron emission tomography (PET) imaging and how well it works to detect CD46 positive cancer cells in patients with multiple myeloma. \[89Zr\]DFO-YS5 is an imaging agent called a radiopharmaceutical tracer. A radiopharmaceutical tracer uses a small amount of radioactive material that is injected into a vein to help image different areas of the body. \[89Zr\]DFO-YS5 targets a specialized protein called CD46, which is in certain multiple myeloma cancer cells, and \[89Zr\]DFO-YS5 PET scans may improve detection of multiple myeloma.
This trial is currently open and accepting patients.
What will happen during the trial?
You may be able to join this trial if you:
The following criteria is a partial list of reasons why patients may be
eligible to participate in this clinical trial. Further evaluation with a medical professional is
* Participants must have histologically or cytologically confirmed multiple myeloma by International Myeloma Working Group (IMWG) diagnostic criteria
* At least one positive myelomatous lesion found on 18F-FDG PET/CT or PET/MRI. A positive lesion is defined as uptake greater than liver on FDG PET, based on the Italian myeloma criteria for PET use (IMPeTUs) criteria
* Age \>= 18 years
* Total bilirubin =\< 1.5 X institutional upper limit of normal (ULN)
* Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) =\< 3 X ULN
* Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) =\< 3 X ULN
* Creatinine clearance \>= 60 mL/min, calculated using the Cockcroft-Gault equation
* Ability to understand a written informed consent document, and the willingness to sign it
* Any condition that, in the opinion of the principal investigator, would impair the patient's ability to comply with study procedures or interfere with the safety of the investigational regimen
* Patients who have received the same antibody (YS5) earlier as part of therapy or detection
* Individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
* - Breast-feeding/chest-feeding should be discontinued before administration of \[89ZR\]DFO-YS5.
* Females of childbearing potential must have a negative urine or serum pregnancy test (i.e., human chorionic gonadotropin test) within 72 hours prior to administration of \[89ZR\]-DFO-YS5.
* - If the urine pregnancy test is positive or equivocal, a confirmatory serum pregnancy test is required. In such cases, the individual must be excluded from participation if the serum pregnancy result is positive.
* - A female is considered to be of childbearing potential (regardless of sexual orientation, having undergone a tubal ligation, or remaining celibate by choice), unless it is documented that the individual meets either of the following two criteria: (1) has reached a postmenopausal state ( \>= 12 continuous months of amenorrhea with no identified cause other than menopause); or (2) has undergone surgical sterilization (i.e., hysterectomy and/or bilateral oophorectomy for removal of uterus and/or ovaries).
* Individuals who are pregnant or breastfeeding/chestfeeding are excluded because there is an unknown but potential risk for adverse effects in the unborn/nursing child secondary to treatment of the study participant with \[89ZR\]-DFO-YS5
Additional Trial Information
Enrollment: 20 patients (estimated)