The following criteria is provided for health care professionals.
* Karnofsky performance status of ≥70% or Lansky play score ≥ 70%
* A related haploidentical bone marrow donor with up to 2 or 3 HLA locus-mismatches
* The donor and recipient must be HLA identical for at least one haplotype (using high resolution DNA based typing) at the following genetic loci: HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C, and HLA-DRB1.
* Adequate liver and renal function
* Absence of decompensated congestive heart failure, or uncontrolled arrhythmia and left ventricular ejection fraction ≥ 40%
* Diffusion capacity corrected (DLCOcorr) \> 40% predicted, and absence of O2 requirements
* \> 6 months after prior autologous transplant (if applicable)
* Agrees to use contraception during study treatment
* Voluntary written consent (adult or parent/guardian with presentation of the minor information sheet, if appropriate)
* Patients who are HIV+ must have undetectable viral load. All HIV+ patients must be evaluated by Infectious Disease (ID) and a HIV management plan establish prior to transplantation
* \< 70 years with an available 5-6/6 HLA-A, B, DRB1 matched sibling donor
* Pregnancy or breastfeeding
* Current active and uncontrolled serious infection
* Acute leukemia in morphologic relapse/persistent disease defined as \> 5% blasts in normocellular bone marrow OR any % blasts if blasts have unique morphologic markers (e.g. Auer rods).
* CML in blast crisis
* Large cell lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma and Hodgkin disease that is progressive on salvage therapy.
* stable non-bulky disease is acceptable.
* Active central nervous system malignancy
Criteria For Donor Selection:
* Donors must be HLA-haploidentical relatives of the patient, defined as having a shared HLA haplotype between donor and patient at HLA-A, -B, -C, and -DRB1.
* Eligible donors (14-70 years old) include biological children, siblings or half siblings, or parents, able and willing to undergo bone marrow harvesting.
* For donors \<18 years, the maximum recipient weight (actual body weight) should not exceed 1.25 times the donor weight (actual body weight)1 In addition, bone marrow product volume should be limited to 20 ml/kg donor weight for donors \<18 years.