What's the purpose of this trial?
This study is an open-label, single arm, multicenter, roll-over extension study to characterize long-term safety, tolerability and efficacy of iptacopan and to provide access to iptacopan to patients with PNH who have completed Novartis-sponsored Phase 2 or 3 studies with iptacopan
This trial is currently open and accepting patients.
What will happen during the trial?
You may be able to join this trial if you:
The following criteria is a partial list of reasons why patients may be
eligible to participate in this clinical trial. Further evaluation with a medical professional is
* Male and female participants ≥ 18 years of age with a diagnosis of PNH who have completed the treatment extension period (without tapering down) of Phase II iptacopan studies (CLNP023X2204, CLNP023X2201), Period 4 of LFG316X2201 or Phase III (CLNP023C12302 and CLNP023C12301) clinical studies at the time point of enrollment visit in this roll over extension.
* Prior vaccinations against Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae infections
* Per investigator's clinical judgement benefit from continued treatment with iptacopan and has been clinically stable on iptacopan monotherapy for at least 3 months
* Any comorbidity or medical condition (including but not limited to any active systemic bacterial, viral or fungal infection or malignancy) that, in the opinion of the investigator, could put the subject at increased risk or potentially confound study data.
* History of recurrent invasive infections caused by encapsulated organisms, such as Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae or Haemophilus influenzae
* History of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply.
Additional Trial Information
Enrollment: 250 patients (estimated)